Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Today was a very tiring day for me. I woke up with only 2 hours of sleep and had to get ready for USA team photo shoot at a temple. I thought it seemed silly just to have a photo shoot at 9:00 in the morning when everybody was celebrating late last night. But we all managed to make it work. After the USA team photo, we visited a high school that have been supporting our teams at our games. We wanted to thank the school in person.

When we arrived there, there were so many students lined up dressed in their shirts that represent the USA flag. I felt like we were celebrity coming on the school campus. The cheerleaders and dance team gave us 3 different cheers, I thought it was pretty interesting. After they finished with their cheers, they gave every one of us a bag with a gift inside, mine was pineapple cake, yummy. Some of the students wanted to trade shirts for our shirts. I decided since I didn't care much for my red polo shirt, I traded it with a girl for her shirt of an American flag across the shirt. 

Finally we get back to the hotel after a long morning, I was still exhausted from last night that I just passed out when I hit my bed. I slept for about 2 hours before dinner. After dinner, we had to get ready for the closing ceremony. It was mostly like a social with all countries in the Stadium on the field. They had set up tables and chairs for us to enjoy dinner or talk with each other. I have met few of the other countries athletics and traded pins. I would have traded clothes but I didn't want to get rid of anything I had. I wanted to remember this experience. 

We went out to celebrate again this time at Hooter's, yes, there's a Hooter's in Taiwan. I didn't stay long, because I was getting tired and wanted to pack before sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a very long day. So I'm going to try and stay up as late as possible and wake up early to pack the rest of the stuff, that I can get some sleep on the long flight to pass the time =). 

I'll be seeing you back in USA soon. 

1 comment: