Friday, August 28, 2009

I'm finally in Taiwan!!! It only took us about 36 hours of waiting, flying, and riding the bus before we got to the hotel in Chiayi City!!! You all probably sleeping right now since it's afternoon here and middle of night in USA. 

I have met sooooo many awesome people in the last 36 hours. Everybody is friendly and extremely excited about Deaflympics. We all have the same goal which is to win the GOLD!!! YEA!!!

Taiwan is really, really different from USA. I can't really describe what the environment look like but there are several big hill or mountain-like. I couldn't really see them well since from what I heard, there's volcano smoke going on and clogging the air. Part of nature, I guess. On the way from the airport to the hotel, I saw a really big shiny gold Buddha. I thought that was really cool to see it with my own eyes after seeing it in the newspaper or T.V. 

Food here is really hard to order and learn about since everyone who make the food doesn't even speak English. So we can't really tell what is what. Oh well, we always will figure it out since we saw McDonald's!!! =) And no, I'm not going to eat McDonald's everyday since I really want to stay healthy and good shape that I have worked really hard on in the last 7-8 months. 

Well, I have to get ready for a meeting with the team and coach to hopefully to figure our schedule for the next 7 days of training before our big day comes. Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cool, Jessie!! What a great experience -- good luck in the next week with your training and adjusting to the climate and time change! Have fun. Make memories! I look forward to reading more from you!

    ReplyDelete